So you've added a package item to your package. Great! Next step is to set when during your guest's stay that package item should be applied.
Imagine that you have:
- a pickup or dropoff transfer that should only be offered on arrival and departure days; or
- breakfast and lunch offered on each full day of your guest's stay, but not including arrival and departure days; or
- a lesson that you only want to offer on the 3rd day and 7th day of your guests stay; or
- a trip to the local souk that can only take place on Sunday's, etc...
This is all possible, and much more, by configuring your package item in the package item settings.
There are three different configuration methods - Simple, Weekday and Advanced - all of which are explained in more detail below.
Click the title of the package item in the table to access the package item settings, and then click 'Simple Configuration'.
You have three options here. Select any one or more for the package item to be offered on the corresponding days:
- Arrival Day: The day your guest arrives
- Any Normal Day: Any day of your guest's stay except for arrival and departure
- Departure Day: The day your guest departs
For example, a common mistake is that the Airport Pickup is set as "Any normal day." And when guest stays 5 nights, it will mean that he or she will be charged three times for Airport pickup service.
Click the title of the package item in the table to access the package item settings, and then click 'Weekday Configuration'.
Specify a specific day of the week that you want your package item to be offered. In this example, the activity is offered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Click the title of the package item in the table to access the package item settings, and then click 'Advanced Configuration'.
Advanced, as the name suggests, is a little more complicated that the other two options. The concept is that you can specify whether an item is applied on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc day of your guests' stay.
The number of days that you have available to set an item to is set by 'cycle'.
Now the big difference between this configuration method and the other two is that you have the option of repeating the pattern that you set. This can be particularly useful when you have packages that are fixed duration but with duration variants. Take the following example:
You have a package setup with duration variants of 7 day, 14 days and 21 days. Each week the same activities or services are offered on the same day of your guests stay. So in the above screenshot we have a lesson that is set for the 2nd, 4th and 7th day.
- If repeat pattern is set to Don't Repeat then regardless of how long your guest is booking for the lesson is only going to be offered on the 2nd, 4th and 7th day.
- If repeat pattern is set to Repeat Every 7 Days then if your guest is booking for 14 days then the lesson will be offered on 2nd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 14th day. If your guest is booking for 21 days then the lesson will be offered on 2nd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 11th and 14th, 16th, 18th and 21st day.
Allow your customers to book unscheduled items to decide upon arrival.
Click the title of the package item in the table to access the package item settings, and then click 'Dateless Configuration'.
Dateless, as the name suggest, will not allocate the item in a specific date. Customers will be able to select the quantity desired from a drop down menu. Possible min. and max. quantities can be set in the configuration table of the package item.
Once booked, the item/s will appear in the booking with date Not set. To allocate the item to a date click in the item line menu and change date. Then select desired date in the frame that will open.
Dateless configuration is not functional if:
- The activity is configured to Time Slots
- The item is part of an Group in Package Contents