How to add Custom Fields in your Customer Portal
- Go to the Settings Module in your Backoffice
2. Click on General Settings
3. Click on Custom Fields
4. Click on Add a field and a window opens up on the right side of your screen
5. Add a Backoffice Lable (which is only visible to you)
6. Attach the field to 'Guest'. The difference between 'Guest', 'Booker' and 'Booking' is explained at the end of this article.
7. Choose the type of data you want to collect: multiple choice or open field?
8. Set the field visible in Customer Portal
9. Set a Customer Portal label. This will be visible for your customers
10. Select whether this input is optional or required
11. Don't forget to save!
12. After that go to Customer Portal settings in your Settings Module
13. Enable Additional questions in the web check-in
Now you can see them in the modules you activated. Here's an example of the "Passport number" field that was enabled for all the modules:
- Customer Portal
2. Day Planner
You can assign a custom field to a 'Guest', a 'Booking' and the 'Booker'. What is the difference?
If you assign a custom field to the Guest, this information will have to be filled out by your client in their Customer Portal. This allows you to require additional information from your guests in order for them to start their trip. Think of their dietary requirements, passport number, wetsuit size, or any other type of information is valuable for you to have. The process on how to do this is described above.
If you assign a custom field to the Booking, ˆthis information will show in the Booking page in your Backoffice and will be for internal use only. It won't show in your Customer Portal and cannot be filled out by the clients.
For example, you run a surf house with multiple rooms, and wish to keep track whether all your guests returned their keys after their stay. Follow the steps as described above but choose to assign the custom field to 'Booking' instead of 'Guest'. Fill out the rest of the details and click on Save.
Your custom field will now show in the Booking page and can be filled out by your company.
Custom fields assigned to the Booker are, just like the ones assigned to a Booking, for internal use only and won't be displayed in the Customer Portal. The difference between the two is that the Booker field is assigned to the person that made the booking, rather than the booking he or she made. This custom field will be shown, together with all other information that's known about him or her, when you click on the name of the Booker.